Friday, September 14, 2012

Just share

     "I remember I was accompanying a group of teacher and headmaster from Indonesia. In Indonesia, government always spending their money to send teachers to have a training in Singapore. So I was guiding them to NTU. In the end of the event, some of my friend which is work in NTU asked me, ' are they really a teacher and headmaster?' 'I guess so,' 'here.. here... look what they do.' They were STEALING a teabag! Gosh.... They put all the thing inside their bag"

That was what my lecturer said in one of my class. What an embarrassing fact of my country. Is that really what our culture is? Are you teachers not ashamed of yourself? You told us every minutes to behave wherever you are in school, but outside the school... ugh!

Another story about this is when my father went for Hajj. He said that 'in Mecca a lot of people like to give something as an alms to other people. Even if it's just a dates, water, tea, everything. And if you want to know what are the things given by them, just go to the Indonesian people, see what they have in their room or bag, there are many alms they get from different people.' ugh!

"That's is the culture in Indonesia, but it wasn't like this in 10 or 20 years ago." said my lecturer.

So, why do we change? Ask yourself, and decide what will you behave tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. a challenge for you to build the right characters for your nation. That's your call

    ReplyDelete